Conference News: Speaker Programme Update
By Maria Gardner, Conference Dean
This year’s Annual Conference is being held Thursday 3rd to Saturday 5th October in the beautiful new venue of Wokefield Park, Reading.
With a new date, a new venue, and a very strong business-focused theme, this year’s Conference promises to be an event not to be missed.
Attendees can look forward to a range of engaging keynote speakers and over 30 speaker sessions exploring the theme of “doing more with less”, as well as exciting fringe and networking activities.
The speaker programme
The theme of the 2013 Conference reflects the world both we and our clients find ourselves in during a post-recession era of efficiency drives, downsizing, restructuring and rationalisation.
Offering a range of case studies, expert advice, new approaches and the latest tips and techniques, the speaker programme is organised into the following four streams:
Stayin’ Alive: Reacting and Responding to the Economic Crisis
Under Pressure: Living in an Age of Austerity
We Can Work it Out: Strategies for the Future
Break on Through: New Ways of Working
Highlights from this year’s speaker programme include:
- Lessons learnt from working with public sector organisations going through significant change, with speakers such as Steve Whidett, Jeremy Holt and Phil Wilson
- Advice on career networking from Madeline Paterson
- Exploring new ways of working, by speakers such as Stefan Cantore (Dialogic OD), Rob Archer (ACT) and Peter Hamill (Embodied Leadership)
- Training tips from tinseltown, learning leadership lessons from classic Hollywood movies, from Andy Janning
- An opportunity to review and reconnect with well known tools and methodologies, with speakers such as Geoff Trickey and Jo Maddocks
- Examining the role of technology in the way we work, with speakers such as Alan Redman, Wendy Kier, Nicola Strong and Nick Ingram
How to attend
In another first for the ABP, you can now sign up to attend the Conference online here. The new online system allows you to choose your ticket type, choose your stream session and sign up for selected fringe activities. You can pay online or request an invoice... making your life just a little bit easier!
Earlybird discounts are currently available on all ticket types (excluding Student tickets).
'6 for 5'
The time-honoured tradition the ‘6 for 5’ offer is also back. If you’ve got 5 colleagues or friends also attending book together and make the most of this fantastic discount. To take advantage of this offer please email: email@example.com.