NOTICE TO MEMBERS ON ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING AND MANAGEMENT BOARD ELECTIONS 2016
Association for Business Psychology Limited
Date & Time: Monday 11th July 2016 at 6.00pm
Location: Room GC-108, The Graduate Centre, London Metropolitan University,166-220 Holloway Road, London N7 8DB
We have commenced planning for the ABP’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) which will be held on Monday 11th July 2016. The AGM is a great time for the Association’s members to get together with the members of the Management Board to reflect on what we’ve achieved and offer input to plans for the year/s ahead.
We can’t underestimate our individual potential to have an impact on our industry – and for all Business Psychology practitioners collectively to change the world of work for all. This is the message we want to share, to celebrate through our awards, to disseminate at our speaker events and in our publications and to promote at our conferences. This is what motivates many of our volunteers to give of their time to manage the Association and all its activities. Would you like to do more? Could you commit to being more involved?
We are frequently looking for new volunteers to take on roles and assignments to help progress the ABP and at the AGM each year we also invite members to stand for election to the Management Board. Please find more information on our Board Member nomination process below and let us know if you could get more involved.
For a personal view of working as a board team member please contact the current ABP Chair (email@example.com) or any of our other current board members (http://www.theabp.org.uk/about/whos-who/).
All members are invited to attend the AGM, so please diarise the date and plan to join us for the meeting
We hope to see you at the AGM and thank you for your valued commitment to the ABP.
MANAGEMENT BOARD ELECTIONS 2016
There are16 places on the Management Board (including its officers: Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer and Secretary) and elected places are usually for a period of up to three years.
Candidates for election must complete and return their nomination paper to the ABP office by 5.00pm on Friday 20th May 2016. Each nomination must be made by two ABP Members and the nominee must declare their consent. Voting papers, if required, will be circulated by 1st June 2016 to be returned by 5.00pm on 30th June 2016. Election results will be formally announced at the AGM.
Current Board members and their election statuses are listed below. This year there are FIVE* places to be filled by election. There are three places to be filled due to resignations and two to be filled due to retirement/end of terms.
List of Board members in 2015-2016
- Clodagh O’Reilly (elected 2014, retiring 2017) Resigned
- Steve Apps (Chair: re-elected 2015, retiring 2018)
- Lucy Standing (Vice Chair: elected 2015, retiring 2018)
- Esther English (Treasurer: elected 2015, retiring 2018)
- Funmi Koya (Secretary: elected 2015, retiring 2018)
- Scott Lichtenstein (re-elected 2015, retiring 2018)
- Stewart Desson (re-elected 2015, retiring 2018)
- Steve Carter (elected 2016, retiring 2018)
- Dilip Boury (elected 2013, retiring 2016) Resigned
- Maria Gardner (elected 2013, retiring 2016) Retiring
- Mike Thompson (elected 2013, retiring 2016) Resigned
- Adina Tarry (elected 2014, retiring 2017)
- Nana-Efua Lawson (elected 2014, retiring 2017)
- Myke Trinder (elected 2014, retiring 2017) Resigned
- Uzma Alfridi (Co-opted Feb 2016)
Note: The terms of office of all retiring and co-opted Board members expire at the AGM.
*The board have confirmed two places will be reserved for co-opting Deans for the ABP Conference/Awards 2016.
Thank you for your support of the ABP. We hope to continue to enjoy your support as we pursue our purpose in the years to come.