Gonzalo Lopez – Personal Profile How would you describe what you do? The short answer would be "translating psychology into simple and practical applications". The slightly longer one: I currently work as a Senior Consultant at BVA Nudge Unit UK, where we specialise in…
Yesterday the Association for Business Psychology held its 2015 Workforce Experience Awards to “Celebrate Excellence in Business Psychology”.
Offering a unique and distinctive platform for the celebration of excellence in Business Psychology, the Awards focused on demonstrating how applying an understanding of the science of human behaviour can impact Workforce Experience and deliver commercial and practical value to organisations.
Held at the Oval in London, the programme included an action packed day conference, featuring presentations, panel discussions and roundtable discussions with finalists. This was then followed by a glamorous and elegant evening event where the winners of the 2015 Workforce Experience Awards were announced.
In opening the evening’s proceedings, Clodagh O’Reilly, the Chair of the Association, congratulated all of the finalists for working hard at their craft and improving working lives.
To be considered as finalists, Entrants had to demonstrate an application of business psychology concepts or models, professional standards in stakeholder and project management, an insight into the organisation they’re working in and the impact they had made.
She reflected, “for some this demanding set of standards may seem aspirational; not all interventions get this right every time. Across the selection of case studies entered we find irrefutable proof that this is possible, it can be done. In the best cases, like in the winners’ stories, it can be done to tremendous effect!”
And the winners are…
Excellence in Assessment
- Excellence in Employee Assessment: Jessica Pryce-Jones, The iOpener Institute’s entry entitled: Assessing and Evaluating Senior Leadership Teams
- Excellence in Recruitment Assessment: Cubiks in partnership with Boots UK’s entry entitled: Using an Online Assessment Tool to Engage and Develop the Boots UK pipeline of future pharmacists
Excellence in Change Management
- Capita Health Partners’ entry entitled: Supporting Learning Culture Change in Healthcare
Excellence in Coaching and/or Training
- Excellence in Coaching Interventions: Dr Jonathan Passmore, Managing Director, Embrion Limited & Roy Hay, Technip’s entry entitled: Developing High Performance Cultures – Development Programme for Leaders in Safety Critical Environments
- Excellence in Training and Development: Persona Partnership’s Steve Apps with Thorogood’s Evelyn Heyes’s entry entitled: Impact equals Success
Excellence in Employee Engagement
- Tamsin Parker (LifeSearch) and Alan Williams (SERVICEBRAND GLOBAL)’s entry entitled: Awaken… Connect… Action
Excellence in Health, Wellbeing or Inclusiveness
- Excellence in Wellbeing Interventions: Inemmo and CA Amos Associates’s entry entitled: The Progression Programme
- Excellence in Inclusivity: Civil Service Fast Stream’s entry entitled: Developing and Delivering a Social Mobility Strategy
Excellence in Performance Improvement
- Blue Sky Performance Improvement and VINCI Construction UK Ltd’s entry entitled: Empower: Excellence Through People
Excellent Innovation in Business Psychology
- Kam Somal, Group Head of Organisational Development with Jeremy Phillips-Powell, Group Talent & Organisational Effectiveness Director at RSA’s entry entitled: Culture Health Assessments Following a Business Crisis
Outstanding Student Achievement
- Matthew Atkinson, YSC Ltd & Birkbeck College’s entry entitled: Assessors’ Beliefs and Attitudes towards their Role; an Innovative Investigation into Assessor Severity-leniency
Chair’s Choice for Excellence in Business Psychology
- Dr Jonathan Passmore, Managing Director, Embrion Limited & Roy Hay, Technip’s entry entitled: Developing High Performance Cultures – Development Programme for Leaders in Safety Critical Environments