In 2005 the ABP sponsored a book entitled Business Psychology in Practice, which was compiled by Principal Members and edited by Pauline Grant with Sarah Lewis and David Thompson.
The book celebrated the launch of the ABP and aimed “to give a flavour of the new profession’s activities”. This indispensable collection of case studies is available to buy online here.
The Management Board have now allocated funds to the publication of a second volume, which will again be edited by our Founding Vice Chair, Pauline Grant.
The themes we propose including the submission and publication schedule are shared below. Submission formats and guidance will be provided in due course so watch this space.
Themes around which case studies will be collected will be topical and relevant, whilst also practically providing demonstrations of business psychology at its best. For example, topics under consideration are:
- The global village – business psychology across the world, e.g. cultural considerations, interventions relevant for global organisations, disparate, virtual and diverse teams
- Wellbeing isn’t woolly – evidence based interventions linking productivity and effectiveness with high quality work environments and social responsibility
- Leading resilient organisations – learning from the economic downturn and how to avoid sound companies going under when times are hard
- Assessment in the digital age – new approaches to large scale recruitment, selection and performance appraisal that utilise the best of psychology alongside leading edge technology
- The brains behind the business – how neuropsychology is contributing to practice development
- Applying social psychology at work – acknowledging the importance of understanding group as well as individual behaviour
|December 2013||Announcement of finalised selection of topics|
|January 2014||Submissions open. Contributors submit their outlines and ideas for chapters in line with the published topics|
|March 2014||Submissions close. Editor’s panel assesses submissions and decides which contributors will be used|
|April 2014||Inform contributors of decisions. Successful authors invited to complete full submission by mid-year|
|June 2014||All complete submissions received|
|July 2014||All content checked, referenced, quality assured, verified, etc.|
|October 2014||All content compiled and editing begins|
|January 2015||Completed book prepared for publication|
Further details regarding how to contribute to the book will be published inline with the publication timetable outlined above. However, should you have more general questions regarding plans for publishing Volume 2 of this book, you can also contact ABP Chair Clodagh O’Reilly.