Contact event manager
Speakers: The Committee of the Manchester Branch of ABP and others
Date: Wednesday March 17th 2021
Join us for another session discussing careers in psychology. This has now become an annual event and we shall introduce again different aspects of work in business psychology where we add value to the task of improving the effectiveness of those organisations we work with. But we rarely discuss how we developed our careers and how we build our value to those organisations. This year we shall focus on how elements of our careers have evolved in line with market trends and recent shocks.
Presentations will be made by the members of the Manchester committee but there will be an opportunity for those that wish to do so to become involved in interactive discussions about how their own experiences in how new career paths are emerging.
Working is no longer solely about career progression: it is about managing oneself and one’s career throughout working life. While this session will have a particular interest for students, it will also provide a fascinating insight into the wide range of ways which careers in psychology can be built and how they have been and are being managed and will be of interest to everyone in the sector.
The proposed order of presentations is:
- Marilena Antoniadou and Mark Crowder: Senior Lecturers and Researchers, Manchester Metropolitan University. Careers in academia
- Robin Hills: EI4Change (Emotional Intelligence and Publisher)
- Stewart Desson: Lumina Learning, Operations Management, a PhD and becoming a major player in psychometrics and its use in talent acquisition and management
- Anna Whitehead : Public Sector and forging a freelance portfolio career
- Julia Norman: JFN Consulting. Psychology and Assessments
- Maria Gardner, Chief Business Psychologist, How to get that first job as a Business Psychologist. (https://mariagardneruk.wordpress.com/category/so-you-want-to-be-an-occupational-psychologist/
Looking forward to welcoming you.