- Virtual Event
- June 5, 2020
- Friday, 14:30PM to 15:30PM
Contact event manager
Book your tickets
ABP Virtual Afternoon Tea Break: Looking through the employment law lens: furlough, redundancy and rights about going back to work
Friday, 14:30PM to 15:30PM
June 5, 2020
firstname.lastname@example.orgOrganizer's other events
The ABP has long discussed the idea of facilitating online meetings, and the strange times in which we are now living have helped to push this agenda item to the fore! We’d like to facilitate the ABP community to come together and support each other and are proposing you block out an hour on each Friday at 2.30 to join us with a cup of tea (or coffee!)
To be effective practitioners, we need to keep abreast of the relevant aspects to employment law. We may know something about the anxiety a policy may produce: but knowing the policy and what may become law is crucial. Our credibility as a profession requires us to engage with basic understanding of some of the most critical legal issues facing our clients, peers, colleagues and friends.
This session will cover in typical informal and constructive ABP style:
- Overview of the rights of self-employed individuals and the different tests for whether they are genuinely self-employed;
- Rights of employees re furlough, redundancy and going back to work;
- Responsibilities employers have when asking their staff to return to work; and
- Ask your own burning questions.
Instructions are to:
- Register – only 25 spaces available!
- Bring your tea (or coffee) to your own table on Friday.
- Click on the link we send those who register.
- Bring your brain, your sense of humour and engage with your fellow members.
We’d also like to take this opportunity to ask you for your thoughts on what sort of topics you’d like us to discuss and as well as ideas for what you think the ABP could do to support and help members for the foreseeable future. Please email email@example.com your suggestions. Naturally, it will be completely free to ABP members to attend.