Contact event manager
Speaker: Steve Lambert, Member of the Business Continuity Institute and Senior Consultant at Biscon Planning and Co-Director at Eyezo Ltd
Date: Wednesday December 9th 2020
Time: 6.00 pm
Business continuity is not an area Business Psychologists are accustomed to providing advice on, but our community has been thrown in at the deep end, as the current crisis demands that our roles in advising on shaping organisations extend to include elements of Business Continuity. This session is aimed at providing essential understanding of some key elements in order to take a strategic approach and help to meet client expectations.
Steve Lambert of Biscon Planning, a UK based risk and business continuity consultancy will share with us his experience and tips on how delivering an effective plan for dealing with this current global crisis. Biscon have been offering advice and guidance to their wide range of customers since 2001 and have a broad experience of helping business to prepare for incidents of all kinds including pandemics.
The session will be aimed at Business Psychologists and include a discussion on :
- The main areas of consideration
- Why crisis communication is crucial
- The challenge of dealing with IT that has never been tested like this before
- Thinking about your staff – can they really work remotely?
- Keeping in contact
- Not all communication is technology!
- Be flexible
- Supplying and suppliers
- What things may catch you out?
- Keeping informed
- The advice is fluid, your continuity plan needs to be too.
- Prioritize what’s important today
- Make sure you learn your lessons
To find out more about what Biscon do you can visit their website www.biscon.co.uk for more background information.
Once you have registered your attendance online, you will receive a confirmation of your booking from our administration team.
Full joining instructions will follow with details of the Event Manager prior to the event.