- This event has passed.
An ABP Open Event: The Future of Work
22 June 2021 at 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
After more than a year of furlough and/or remote working for many employees, people are asking what does the future of work now look like?
An emotive topic, with both diverse and polarising views being shared in the news – it is a timely and interesting issue to be explored.
To advance our collective understanding of the main issues around returning to the workplace, but also to consider the wider question of ‘the future of work’, the ABP is bringing together an impressive expert panel to debate and explore questions such as:
- How will transitioning back to the workplace impact on work patterns and ensuring we thrive at work?
- With many companies exploring a hybrid working model – do we need to look workplace design differently? In the long term do we even need to rethink how we design and use our homes?
- What mental health issues have arisen as a result of the pandemic and how are employers going support these?
- Review of reports published during the pandemic. What can they offer as a guide to the future of work?
- What additional staff training, development or support will be required to maintain effective working?
The event will be hosted and facilitated by Head of Member Engagement, Uzma Afridi and the panel will include:
- Paul Farmer CEO of MIND
- Bruce Daisley, ex-Vice President of Twitter and number one best selling author and podcast host of Eat, Sleep, Work, Repeat
- Alison Kanabe, SVP Head of Pensions and Benefits EMEA, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Dr Nigel Oseland – workplace design expert
- Kate Shaw, member of the propositions and community team, Nationwide
Due to the importance and relevance of this conversation, this event will be fully open access and free to attend for both ABP and non-ABP members.