- This event has passed.
July Speaker Event with Sophie Sabbage
16 July 2019 at 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Most ‘transformation’ isn’t – and how to create shifts that don’t shift back again
We need transformation in business and life as much as ever, but the promise of ‘transformation’ has been so overused and under-delivered it has topped the list of jargon words business leaders want to get rid of. According to McKinsey research, 70% of change programmes fail and this has not changed in decades. Indeed, it is getting worse.
In this session, Sophie will:
- Address why one of the most powerful words in the English language has been stripped of its true meaning and power;
- Explain why calling herself a ‘transformational facilitator’, as she has for thirty years, is now as innocuous as calling herself a ‘life coach’;
- Outline key indicators of true transformation that she has discovered in her work with tens of thousands of individuals and some leading organisations;
- Share a case study of organisational transformation that sits in the 30% success zone;
- Include personal examples of transforming in response to adversity because the failure of leaders to transform themselves is one of the core reasons that change initiatives fail.
There will then be time for questions, dialogue and a deeper inquiry as a group.
Sophie Sabbage is a Sunday Times best-selling author of two life-transforming books. She has spent 30 years delivering deep shifts to tens of thousands of individuals, 20 years helping leading brands respond to changing winds and 5 years transforming a terminal cancer diagnosis into the most productive period of her life.
B.C. (before cancer) she ran an award-winning business consultancy with her mentor, Dr. K. Bradford Brown, a brilliant psychologist who was a student of Viktor Frankl, Alan Watts and Carl Rogers. Her academic background is in psychology, English Literature and organisational change. Since cancer, she has become a global authority on how to thrive in adversity. She has also been to the north and south poles of her humanity to stay alive.
We look forward to seeing you at this event.