Student Blogging Team
This year has brought lot of positive changes and growth for the ABP. As we continue to evolve, we are excited to announce a new project on the horizon, designed especially for our student cohort. We will be launching a Student Blog, which will serve as an engaging and informative space for all students and early-career professionals with an interest in business psychology.
As first call to action, we invite you to join our Student Blogging Team. If you want to be an ambassador as the future of business psychology, we would love to hear from you. We are still in the early phases, so there is every opportunity to have your say in shaping and designing this new interface.
To join the Blogging Team, you will need to be an ABP member and express your interest for any of the roles listed below by completing the volunteer application form. If you have any questions or require further details regarding the recruitment process, please contact Uzma on firstname.lastname@example.org or Rose on email@example.com.
We are looking for several talented writers to generate engaging, original content for the student blog. You will research topics and develop interesting posts that will appeal to our target audience. You should be able to create appealing, insightful posts that will reach and grow our audience.
- Writing experience or familiarity with certain interests or a specific field within the domain of business psychology (e.g. psychological assessment at work, leadership and engagement, learning and development, workplace wellbeing, work design, organisational development and change management)
- Exceptional writing, research, and communication skills
- Strong understanding of the target audience and industry trends
- Creativity and adaptability
Content editors’ responsibilities will include fact-checking writers’ articles and optimising written pieces to increase user engagement using SEO guidelines. You will proofread articles, check for spelling and grammar, and bring posts in line with each other if styles are too diverse.
- Basic knowledge of SEO to help optimise articles for search engines
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with SEO and keyword research
We require someone visually creative. You will come up with branded blog graphics that will enhance blog posts and increase click through rates from social media. We’re looking for someone who can take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images and other electronic designs. You should have a good understanding of how marketing campaigns work.
- Experience with digital technology and image design/editing software (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Experience working with blog templates
- Adaptive design eye and skill
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers
Deadline for expressions of interest is 28/06/2019.