Move to what moves you. Come grow your career at SHL
SHL is the global leader in talent assessment and people insight. We have one of the largest and most diverse customers bases within talent consulting. We foster a collaborative and supportive work environment where students passionate about occupational psychology and talent assessment can gain experience and develop skills as a consultant. Working alongside experienced colleagues in Professional Services and Sales, we are offering a position for someone completing, or who has recently completed, their post-graduate studies
Our consulting team is critical to helping customers realise the impact of these assessments.
The core activities for the consulting team fall into three main areas:
1.Consulting – Defining behaviours that organisations need in order to perform effectively in role or to support cultural change, and then building customised assessments or customised reports to embed the behaviours effectively. This work may also include conducting audits of talent pools within an organisation, using appropriate statistical data analysis techniques, to help them to provide people insight to support business decisions.
2.Outsourced Assessment – Conducting assessments for selection and development purposes either in a one-to-one setting or in a development centre. Currently, much of this work is conducted virtually on SHL’s virtual assessment platform. This work has traditionally involved international travel with the assessment teams working across Europe, Asia and USA.
3.Enablement – Helping customers gain full value from our products and services . This can vary from providing BPS certified training in test use, facilitating workshops, or creating customised video modules that can be used more tactically. Our team also designs and delivers workshops to support the development of capability in leaders and teams.
As a significant part of our European business, the UK team will support with clients across Europe. Many projects expand across wider geographies and, although we are currently working virtually, will eventually return to requiring international travel.
As a Project Consultant you will:
- Support consultants in preparing and conducting international projects with our European clients
- Gain exposure to projects in all areas of the employee lifecycle from talent acquisition, talent management and organizational change
- Assist in Assessment and Development Centers and in post-processing of results
- Get insights into processes concerning requirements analyses and development of competency models
- Shadow Feedback and Development Sessions
- Receive a BPS accredited certification in using and interpreting psychometric assessments (Level 1 and 2)
- Take part in work around several different internal processes
We will support in the development of your capability to be able to provide the full range of our services, working on increasingly larger-scale and more complex projects. Your line manager will create a development plan and regularly review this with you ensuring you are on projects that match your development goals. On each project an experienced consultant will provide you with support and mentoring to ensure you have the best opportunity to deliver. You will also be assigned a peer “buddy” to support your onboarding and development.
We have a strong, collaborative culture that encourages support from your peers and have regular meetings in order to share best-practice, learnings and new ways of working with the team. Team meetings are designed to build connections, explore interests in the field and have fun.
What are we looking for?
- Postgraduate qualification in Business, Organisational, or Occupational Psychology
- Strength in the following behavioural competencies:
- Presenting and communication information
- Coping with pressure
- Delivering results to customer expectations
- Following guidelines and procedures
- Commercial thinking
- Relating and networking
- Capability in data analysis, MS Office software and virtual meeting platforms.
- Motivation to want to develop your career within the talent insight market and strong interest in talent assessment.
Closing date for applications: June 20th 2022