Gonzalo Lopez – Personal Profile How would you describe what you do? The short answer would be "translating psychology into simple and practical applications". The slightly longer one: I currently work as a Senior Consultant at BVA Nudge Unit UK, where we specialise in…
We have commenced planning for the ABP’s Annual General Meeting (AGM), which will be held on Monday 13th July 2015. The AGM is a great time for the Association’s members to get together with the members of the Management Board to reflect on what we’ve achieved and offer input to plans for the year/s ahead.
We can’t underestimate our individual potential to have an impact on our industry – and for all Business Psychology practitioners collectively to change the world of work for all. This is the message we want to share, to celebrate through our awards, to disseminate at our speaker events and in our publications and to promote at our conferences. This is what motivates many of our volunteers to give of their time to manage the Association and all its activities. Would you like to do more? Could you commit to being more involved?
We are frequently looking for new volunteers to take on roles and assignments to help progress the ABP and at the AGM each year we also invite members to stand for election to the Management Board. Please find more information on our Board Member nomination process below and let us know if you could get more involved.
All members are invited to attend the AGM, so please diarise the date and plan to join us for the meeting to be held on Monday 13th July 2015 at 6.30pm at:
The Pavillion, University of Westminster,
115 New Cavendish Street,
London W1W 6UW
We hope to see you at the AGM and thank you for your valued commitment to the ABP.
Management Board Elections 2015
There are 16 places on the Management Board (including its officers: Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer and Secretary) and elected places are usually for a period of up to three years.
Candidates for election must complete and return their nomination paper (download PDF version) to the ABP office by 5.00pm on Friday 29th May 2015. Each nomination must be made by two ABP Members and the nominee must declare their consent. Voting papers, if required, will be circulated by 8th June 2015 to be returned by 5.00pm on 7th July 2015. Election results will be formally announced at the AGM.
Current Board members and their election statuses are listed below. Current Board members and their election statuses are listed below. This year there are seven* places to be filled by election. There are three current board members who are willing to re-stand for a further three-year term, one place to be filled due to a resignation and three to be filled due to retirement.
List of Board members in 2014-2015
- Clodagh O’Reilly (Chair: elected 2014, retiring 2017)
- Naysan Firoozmand (Vice-Chair: elected 2012, retiring 2015) Retiring
- Steve Apps (Treasurer: elected 2012, retiring 2015) Re-standing
- Natalie Holt (Secretary: elected 2012, retiring 2015) Retiring
- Debbie Hance (elected 2012, retiring 2015)Retiring, end of six year term
- Scott Lichtenstein (elected 2012, retiring 2015)Re-standing
- Stewart Desson (elected 2012, retiring 2015)Re-standing
- Josette Lesser (elected 2014) Resigned
- Dilip Boury (elected 2013, retiring 2016)
- Maria Gardner (elected 2013, retiring 2016)
- Mike Thompson (elected 2013, retiring 2016)
- Adina Tarry (elected 2014, retiring 2017)
- Nana-Efua Otoo (elected 2014, retiring 2017)
- Myke Trinder (elected 2014, retiring 2017)
- Hannah Mullaney (Conference Dean co-opted 2013-14) Resigned
- Lee McDonald (Conference Dean co-opted 2013-14) Resigned
Note: The terms of office of all retiring and co-opted Board members expire at the AGM.
Thank you for your support of the ABP. We hope to continue to enjoy your support as we pursue our purpose in the years to come.