Volunteering for the ABP
If you are interested in any published vacancies or in getting involved with volunteering, please complete our Volunteer Application Form here.
Nearly everything we do at the ABP is run by or under the guidance of our volunteers. Volunteering with the ABP offers an excellent opportunity to broaden your knowledge and skills, as well as using your experience and expertise to support the growth and success of our profession and network with other practitioners. We ask all our volunteers to be ABP members.
Current Volunteering Vacancies
Training Support Assistant
This role will support the Training Lead in providing a collaborative training service to ABP members and followers. The Training Support Assistant will be responsible for administration, scheduling and on-the-day support of training events. A lot of this role will involve coordinating within-team tasks with the Marketing & Comms Lead, and Admin Support. It is anticipated the role will require a commitment of 2-3hrs p/week of your time.
- Assist the training lead with the building of training schedules for all types of training requests.
- Coordinate with the admin support team in the delivery of training sessions through organisation of necessary materials, facilities, equipment and refreshments (for F2F training).
- Produce joining instructions and confirmation letters for delegates.
- Generate reports to support specific requests – eg. attendances, numbers to be trained, total of absentees by course, role and department/company.
- Escalate non-attendees to admin support to re-book absentees onto alternative courses.
- Carry out the facilitation of some training courses to be determined by the Training Lead.
- Prepare and organise documents/reports/presentations, compile statistical charts and tables.
- Input training analysis data.
- Undertake any additional, non-routine or amended duties appropriate to the post.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
NexGen Team Lead
Type of role: Long Term Volunteer Required
Time commitment required: 3 hours per week, approximately.
A brief description of the role:
The NexGen Team Lead is the person ultimately responsible for managing the NexGen blog. This will be achieved by managing a team of volunteers and coordinating with our paid admin team. This challenge requires you to:
- Project Manage: the main task is to project manage all the moving pieces required to successfully deliver the blog. This includes liaising with the team and stakeholders, assigning responsibilities, pipelining content and planning the future of the blog.
- Content Creation: you will need to produce content for the blog, act as an editor for content submitted by the team or from external individuals. You will also need to manage the editorial calendar, and determine relevant, and exciting ideas for new content.
- Ambassador Programme: the ambassador programme was designed to offer students from our ABP accredited universities an opportunity to get involved with the blog and the wider ABP. You will continue to liaise with this year’s ambassadors as well as identify areas of improvement and implement necessary changes as you roll out the programme for the next academic intake.
Skills and experience desired
- Proven experience leading projects
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to engage with a wide range of people, at all levels of seniority.
- Excellent written verbal, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to act on own initiative, whilst maintaining a strong teamwork ethic, and a collaborative and adaptive working style
If you are interested, please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Student Blogging Team
We are looking for enthusiastic student members to join a new team to support our forthcoming Student Blog, which will serve as an engaging and informative space for all students and early-career professionals with an interest in business psychology.
The ABP is looking for a volunteer to support with video editing over the next couple of months. We’d love to hear from anyone willing to give up a few hours per week to turn a variety of recorded Zoom meetings into some impactful broadcastable short videos. You’ll work with other ABP volunteers and Board members to understand the vision, create storyboards, and use your editing skills to create great products. We’re agnostic about which software is used – whatever you have and know how to use! The ABP is a not-for-profit charity and volunteers are unpaid, but we can offer the opportunity to:
- apply your skills in a friendly, inclusive environment.
- improve your portfolio and broaden your experience.
- work with a wide range of stakeholders.
- make a difference to a not-for-profit association committed to promoting professional excellence and a community of practice in business psychology.
If you’re able to start immediately, and would like to find out more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a brief outline of your relevant experience and skills.