- July 15, 2021
- Thursday, 10:00AM to 16:00PM
Contact event manager
We are excited to bring you a full one-day deep dive on how to make the most of LinkedIn. You will receive tips and techniques to help raise your profile, network and develop your career that is ideal for recent graduates or those at the beginning of their career looking to make their next move.
This is a highly interactive workshop that will transform how you view and use LinkedIn, both for job seeking in the short term – and profile raising, networking and business development in the long term. The course is designed predominantly for students and jobseekers.
What the course is about: With LinkedIn very much the social platform of choice for business, both in the UK and beyond, ignoring LinkedIn or using it for a bland online version of your CV is not going to help you get ahead in a highly competitive jobs market. With this in mind, we are offering this workshop to ABP Student Members and early career Business Psychologists to support and aid employability for our next generation.
The workshop will cover:
- How to develop your LinkedIn strategy for job seeking and profile raising
- How to pass the ‘6 second’ test and write a LinkedIn profile recruiters and potential employers actually want to read.
- An insider’s take on all the tools recruiters use to find candidates – and how to use this to make sure they ‘find’ you.
- Applying for roles and interacting with Recruiters – how to craft a great InMail message and respond to connection requests.
- Posting, liking and commenting – how to turn scrolling through your LinkedIn feed into to profile raising and networking opportunities.
By the end of the workshop delegates will be able to:
- Create and/or enhance their own job seeking and opportunity development strategy via LinkedIn.
- Develop insights into how to recruiters use LinkedIn as part of their social recruiting activities – and how to use this to maximise their employment opportunities.
- Create an ‘All Star’ LinkedIn profile to maximise visibility and start to build a recognisable personal brand.
- Understand the basics of content marketing strategy and how to use this to increase visibility and build personal brand.
- Evaluate the best tools for using LinkedIn efficiently.
Facilitator details: This session will be run by Maria Gardner. By day, a slightly disruptive Business Psychologist specialising in assessment, development and wellbeing, by night a LinkedIn agent provocateur, and author of the ‘DiSC Dilemma’ post – which generated 7000 views and over 100 comments within its first 24 hours.
On a more serious note, Maria’s expertise on this topic comes by way of being Head of Communications for the ABP from 2013-2016, a 2017 award-winning inbound marketing campaign, and since 2019 she has been running workshops on social media strategy and LinkedIn masterclasses for the Recruitment Employment Confederation (REC). Underpinning all of this is also a personal longstanding interest and curiosity in the psychology of marketing and branding.
This course is specifically for recent graduates and job seekers. If you would be interested in attending a LinkedIn workshop for professionals, with a focus on networking and business development, please email email@example.com
Once you register, you will be provided a link with instructions to join the workshop a few days before the scheduled date. Please make sure you have an internet connection, and you can join the webinar through a laptop, computer or a screen-enabled device.