- This event has passed.
The future of neurodiversity in the workplace
29 June 2023 at 6:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Speaker: Dan Harris, CEO, Neurodiversity in Business
Neurodiversity in Business (NiB) is a business forum and industry group for organisations to share industry best practice in neurodiversity recruitment, and empowerment. The NiB have partnered with the Centre for Neurodiversity at Work at Birkbeck university of London to conduct research, bringing you the first global study of its kind of neurodiversity in the workplace. This session will share key, meaningful insights from the research and what this means for the future of neurodiversity at work.
Insights will include:
- The challenges corporations and businesses face when considering neurodiversity as part of their DE&I strategy.
- The challenges neurodivergent people face in accessing employment and/or navigating their careers.
The results will help inform and strengthen:
- Neuroinclusive recruitment, support mechanisms, and retention strategies.
- The development of resources and guidance on neuroinclusion best practices.
- Future research priorities.
Strategic partnerships to support study dissemination and engagement:
- British Chambers of Commerce
- Institute of Directors
- Chartered Institute of Personnel Development
- Confederation of Business Industry
Dan Harris is the founder and CEO of the Neurodiversity in Business charity. NiB has been set up to transform the employment prospects of the 15 to 20% of the workforce who are neurodivergent. The charity was set up by our founder and a small group of volunteers, who were passionate about changing their own businesses to become more neuroinclusive. This rapidly grew into a significant uptake across the corporate world, given there was such high demand to share best practice and support society generally move forward.
Please note that this event is free to attend.