Job title: Senior People and Change Consultant
Closing Date: 07/05/2021
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
To apply in-depth knowledge and specialist skills in any of the following technical areas (team effectiveness & collaboration, leadership & capability, culture & organisational change, operating model & organisation development) on a range of high profile client projects
Roles and responsibilities
Leads one or many project team(s), with support from Arup project Manager/ Director by planning and organising project, coordinating activities, tracking and reporting on project delivery, client liaison.
Supports project economics by demonstrating good commercial discipline and leading to ensure the project commercially delivers against Arup’s business plan.
Liaises closely with key client stakeholders to facilitate the delivery of set project outcomes.
Supports Arup project Manager/Director and client to scope requirements and prepare proposals, developing client relationships, building internal and external networks.
Contributes to the development of methodologies, tools, thought leadership papers, and the People and Change community of practice and Operations Consulting skills network.
Develops/maintains strong client relationships and commanding the confidence of others, internally and externally.
Builds engaging relationships with a range of internal stakeholders to help influence other disciplines and share People and Change best practices.
Draws on relevant theories, evidence-based practice in the design and delivery of organisational diagnostics workshops
Reviews, analyses and reports on client’s organisational behaviour and cultural landscape
Applies knowledge of organisational change theories and practices to make recommendations to client challenges
Education and Professional qualifications
- Typically, a first degree and/or extensive experience in people and change consulting
- Chartered or working towards or considering becoming Chartered with a relevant institute such as British Psychology Society (BPS) and Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD)
- Master’s degree in the behavioural or management sciences field, e.g. occupational psychology, organisational behaviour, organisational design, MBA
- Experience in a consulting or in-house environment
- Experience in two or more of our technical areas (team effectiveness & collaboration, leadership & capability, culture & organisational change, operating model & organisation development)
- Project management and delivery skills, including financial and risk management
- Capability in developing business proposals for clients, by understanding client requirements and drawing together expertise from across a multi-disciplinary firm.
- A collaborative style of working that fosters innovation and teams working
- Experience in organizational readiness (research methodologies, job analysis, selection and assessment, training needs analysis, large scale training design and delivery, project management).
- Experience in one or more of the following markets: Manufacturing, Rail, Highways, Energy, Aviation and/or Water Accredited to use psychometric instruments: Certificate of Competence in Occupational Testing (formerly Level A & B)
May be expected to work in client locations for up to 3-4 days a week
Travel to and from client sites /or temporary assignments to client’s offices may also be required
Going forward may be required to work across our global network of offices
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Shape your time with us
Our goal is to shape a better world. And to do that, we need to make Arup a phenomenal place to work for everyone. If we want to solve problems for people around the world, we must seek and attract the best people from the widest talent pool and create an environment that supports and includes them. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their contribution. This includes people with disabilities, so please discuss any adjustments that you may require throughout the selection and assessment process with your recruitment contact.
At Arup, you’ll be a welcomed member of the team with opportunities to participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador) or by joining one of our staff networks for women, culture or LGBT+ people. You’ll have access to a range of flexible working options – whether you’re a parent, a carer, a student, or just have a busy lifestyle – we recognise it’s not always easy to commit to standard working hours so if you’re interested in flexible working, please let us know when you apply, and we’ll discuss how this could work in your role.
Join us in shaping a better world.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. You will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to sex, race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We recognise that not all disabilities are visible and will make reasonable adjustments to cater for diverse applicants in the selection and assessment process.
What happens next?
If this could be the next step in your journey, please apply online. All applications will be considered, and we will try our very best to respond to you within 72 hours of receiving your application.
Stay safe online – Arup will never ask for payment or your bank details as part of our recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.arup.com.