Gonzalo Lopez – Personal Profile How would you describe what you do? The short answer would be "translating psychology into simple and practical applications". The slightly longer one: I currently work as a Senior Consultant at BVA Nudge Unit UK, where we specialise in…
Over the past few years, we’ve received awards entries for new and innovative ideas and start up businesses which we believe deserve a wider platform. This year, for the first time ever, the ABP is inviting you to pitch and share your ideas publically on stage. The Pitch event will take place on the Friday afternoon as the closing session of the conference. We anticipate a sell out crowd of around 150 people. This alone is a significant and strong reason to enter, but let’s give you a few more reasons:
· You will pitch to a panel of judges who will assess and announce the winner at the end of the day. The winner will be featured in the news section of the ABP website (currently seen by approximately 5000 people per month)
· The ABP will tweet about your success and retweet 2 of your tweets (to over 6,000 followers)
In addition, you will be raising your profile to this judging panel who may (or may not) see a wider audience for you:
· Nigel Dias – Founder of ‘This is HR’ a monthly pitch event in the HR tech space. Every quarter, Nigel runs an event featuring a line up of disruptive HR ideas to those in the HR world. The winner is likely to be asked to pitch at ‘This is HR’ reaching a further HR community. Nigel with his background and experience of watching over 100 pitches in the HR space can provide context: how well does your business fit within the wider community?
· Richard Blakesley – CEO Capital Pilot. Richard is ex MD JP Morgan, CEO and is now the Founder of Capital Pilot – which provides fundraising intelligence and investor matching for tech startups and investors, from seed to series A. Richard with his experience will be considering how investible your business/idea. He has strong and deep connections with the Angel investor community.
· Amanda Baker – Co-Founder Flamingo Punk. Amanda has helped build some of London’s leading branding agencies. She’s now the co-founder of her own business helping founders get their story heard. She’ll analyse your story and your brand
· HR tech Partnership investor – We have confirmation Devyani Vaishampayan, that someone from HR Tech Partnershiphttp://www.hrtechpartnership.com/investors/ will be attending (partners include Senior HRD figures). HR tech partnership is a consortium of senior HR business leaders who collectively invest in new disruptive and innovative HR ideas. They will provide a critical lens of how likely is it your idea will appeal to senior HR leaders?
· Natwest Accelerator Programme – We have confirmation that Natwest which runs the largest accelerator in the UK (taking on and providing office space in London to over 1,000 entrepreneurs) will also be attending. They have experience of going though over 5,000 applications each year. They will be able to provide context in terms of how strong is your idea in relation to those entrepreneurs they invest in.
· Simon Lau: Entrepreneurship expert INSEAD business school and SAID business school. Simon works with and coaches a number of entrepreneurs through some of the world’s leading business schools. Simon will be evaluating your entrepreneurship credentials.
There is clearly no guarantee your ideas will receive investment or an invitation to pitch elsewhere, but without doubt, this is an incredibly valuable opportunity for exposure. Oh and the FT are coming. They haven’t been invited yet to join the panel, but…
To get your entries in, complete the form below (it should take around 20 mins to complete). We intend to invite the top 6 entries to do a 90 second pitch. We will be STRICT with this timing, so ensure you practise!
The pitch competition is restricted to those attending the conference on Friday.